ELECTRIC CELLO / COMPOSER / ARRANGER
Born 1956, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
In solo performance or mixed media collaborations, Erich Kory presents the cello as a fused electro-acoustic experience. His associations with musicians from Bernstein to Sting have inspired him to develop an imaginative and personal style. Supporting his style is extensive classical training and over 40 years of professional performance experience. Erich Kory plays on an asymmetric, acoustic cello designed and built for him in 1986 by Christophe Landon, implemented by several electronic effects.
LIVE PERFORMANCES / TOURS
• Elisabeth Von Trapp, Extensive touring (2-8 months/year) in the U.S. with this ‘Sound of Music’ grand-daughter in many well known venues, including Community Concerts. Chaz Eller, keyboards (from the group Kilamanjaro)
• Touring annually throughout Europe (East and West) with various groups and in solo appearances including:
Palindrome Multi Media Performance Group, Robert Wechsler, Director, based in Nürnberg, Germany.
And with other artists: Yogo Pausch, Frey Faust, Eva Koch, Hans-Otto Gunter, Angela Kohnlein, Trevor Coleman, Matthias Frey, Achim Gieseler, Lisa Schmidt, ABC Dance Company.
(Average of 20 performances per year, touring the majority of the countries in Europe.)
• Cirque du Soleil, Special & Corporate Events in China and Canada with Samuel Tetrault.
• Les Gens D'R, (Circus in the Air), New offspring group by Cirque du Soleil’s Andre Simard, Tour of Italy including La Biennale di Venezia and a Mexican Tour.
• Cirque Fantastique Another circus that services Conferences and private affairs, Directrice artistique, Marie-Josée Levesque. with: Annick Taillon, M. Smythe, Mario Diamond, Svetlana Gololobova, Symbiose, others.
• H20 singer Genvieve Charest, Touring throughout Québec; Special events at the Francofolie, and for SODEQ. Productions Arctic.
1998• Atlantique Created and performed music and soundtrack for Dance-Theatre du Québec, 10 performances at Salle Fred Berry, Montréal.
1997• Blinding Emotion Multi-media Production by Ken Mills including original filmmakers, dancers, musicians and puppetry. Flynn On-Stage Series, Burlington, Vermont.
• Christine LaForest Touring Radio Stations, HMV’s and performances throughout Québec.
• Sentient Cello Solo concert tour in New York City, Montréal, Québec, Saskatchuan and Vermont.
Lighting design by Emmanuel Cognée. Concert video available upon request.
1996• Have Red Ever Green 6 Site specific multi-media performances with Tai Dang & Company, Chinatown, NYC. Producers: Dancing In The Streets & Asian American Arts Alliance.
• Chez Zoé Nationwide direct broadcast from Ottawa on Radio Canada with pianist Réal Léveillé.
• Noise from the Dark V New music and sound performance in the complete and utter absence of light. Presented by radio CKUT at Studio 303, Montréal.
1995• Requiem pour un Edifice Claude La Marche, creator. Multi-media show featuring solo electric-cello with choir on top of historic building in Montréal.
• Sangscri Multi-media performance on the Riviere Rouge in Québec. Dominique Pépin, creator. Produced by Multi-Media Boréal, L’Annonciation, Québec.
1994• Chronically Here 6 performances with Tai Dang, Angel Orensanz Foundation, NYC.
1993• 900 Seconds Callaboration with Tai Dang, Gold Bar, New York City.
• Siecle Cendres Music director of four different openings for this installation of Quebec artist
Paul-Emile Saulinier., callaboration with dancers, poets, actors; UQAM, Montréal.
• Dakota , Multi-percussion group of Steve Shehan (Paris)
• New Prague Dancers, First modern dance company of Czechoslovakia.